Close House in the Lakes
This luxurious detached Lakeland house occupies a perfect and peaceful setting just off the centre of the ever popular village of Ambleside and only a 5-minute stroll from the shores of Lake Windermere at Waterhead.
For a holiday with ‘wow factor’ – this is a special place and one to spend your precious time together soaking up Lakeland’s luxuries. Step inside and take pleasure in the outstanding features echoed throughout, a light and airy country Lake District atmosphere blends effortlessly with 21st century life – walk out of the dining conservatory or kitchen to the delightful patio gardens, an ideal place to enjoy al-fresco living admiring the views to Loughrigg and Wansfell mountains from this central convenient spot. Whether you are celebrating a happy event or just spending time with your favourite people, Close House in the Lakes is a magical treat delivering sheer luxury and matching your high expectations. Enjoy the luxury chic bathrooms, sumptuous bedrooms, quality well-equipped kitchen, a dining conservatory area fit for any formal gathering complete with relaxing snug / media room, a separate lounge, all wrapped up in sophisticated technology, are but a few things to mention.
Accommodation Price Bands 2016 (per week) :
- Low Season – £1050
- Mid/High Season– £1680
- Peak/Premium Season – £2100
- Christmas & New Year– £2520
Changeover day is Friday during high season but otherwise flexible dependent on other bookings received. Mid-week and long weekend breaks are possible during the non-peak season, changeover Friday and Monday. Arrival & Departure times:- Arrival at the House is from 4pm and check out by 10.30am on the day of departure.
Accommodation in Detail
Your private car park will easily park 4 cars right outside Close House in the Lakes. There are three entry points to this captivating period residence but we will take you in the front door with traditional open entrance porch. At this middle level, there is a lounge with splayed bay window admiring the view towards Loughrigg Fell. There is a large bedroom with Kingsize bed at this level with luxury en-suite complete with double ended designer bath and separate monsoon shower cubicle. A glass divide has a staircase leading down to the snug / media room, a great place to unwind and spread out. From here you enter the dining conservatory with patio doors opening onto the front patio garden complete with furniture and barbeque, superb for al-fresco life. The hand painted and very well equipped kitchen is at this level also with access to the rear patio garden. On the ground floor is bedroom number 4 with en-suite monsoon shower room. From the middle level, a spacious flow elegant staircase leads to the top floor where the view gets even better. Here are two further bedrooms each with king size, luxury en-suite bathroom providing double ended baths and separate monsoon shower cubicles. Each of the 4 king size beds can be separated to make twin bedded rooms so please specify your requirements when booking.
- 4 Super king size, all en-suite
(Bedrooms can be separated into twin bedrooms so please specify if you wish for any twin bedrooms when booking)
- Luxurious detached Lakeland House
- Good views
- 2 minutes stroll to Ambleside centre
- Gas central & underfloor heating
- An array of luxurious designer bathrooms
- with invigorating monsoon showers & and designer baths
- Double electric oven with induction hob
- Fridge & freezer
- Washer / dryer
- Beautiful patio gardens with garden furniture & barbeque
- 3 reception rooms including conservatory
- Private parking for 4
Close House in the Lakes nestles in a peaceful yet very handy spot just 2 minutes stroll from the heart of the village of Ambleside. A holiday cottage in Ambleside provides an excellent starting point for a varied Lake District holiday. Easily accessible via the A591 on the northern shores of Lake Windermere, Ambleside is a contemporary, characterful Lakeland village with a spectacular backdrop of Lake District fells. The location is ideal for walking in the Lake District, with many renowned routes beginning in and around the village. But Ambleside is also a popular choice for a relaxed, slow-paced holiday. Contemporary shops, leisurely lake cruises, acclaimed Lake District restaurants and cosy traditional pubs make the village centre a delight at any time of year.
For evening entertainment, you’ll find plenty to suit every taste. Try the renowned Glass House restaurant, in a superbly converted saw mill, for a special evening out. Or, take your pick from the two quirky cinemas; Zeffirellis cinema includes a great pizzeria and live jazz bar. Fellinis has an excellent vegetarian restaurant and shows films in a relaxed studio cinema environment. You’ll also find a wide range of pubs, serving hearty food and real Lakeland ale – notable for its lake shore setting is the Wateredge Inn. Windermere Lake Cruises depart from Waterhead Pier, just outside Ambleside village centre. The elegant ‘steamers’ offer regular trips to Bowness and Lakeside – a great way to explore without driving. Evening cruises are also available, sometimes with buffet meals and live music. Windermere Golf Club is very close by and well worth a visit.
- Ambleside village centre is a 5 minute walk
- Rydal, Grasmere, Hawkshead and the Langdale Valley are all within easy driving distance
- Holehird gardens near Troutbeck (15 min. drive is the Lake District Horticultural Society garden, maintained entirely by volunteers) is a wonderful place to visit as are Brantwood (Ruskin’s house at Coniston) and Blackwell, the Arts and Craft house south of Bowness.
How to get there:
Ambleside village centre is a 5 minute walk. Rydal, Grasmere, Hawkshead and the Langdale Valley are all within easy driving distance. Holehird gardens near Troutbeck (15 min. drive is the Lake District Horticultural Society garden, maintained entirely by volunteers) is a wonderful place to visit as are Brantwood (Ruskin’s house at Coniston) and Blackwell, the Arts and Craft house south of Bowness. Boat trips are fun at any time of year!
- Booths excellent supermarket is in Windermere but a Tesco Express and newly revamped Spar in Ambleside are also very good as are the local butchers.
- A bakery shop is within a 2 minute walk from the house for fresh bread and pastries!
- There is a health/leisure club with new swimming pool at the Salutation Hotel in the centre of Ambleside.
- Nearest public swimming pool is at Troutbeck Bridge or Kendal Leisure Centre.
- Ambleside’s park has children’s playground and next to church there are tennis courts and pitch and putt course.
- Nearest Theatres – Old Laundry Theatre, Bowness (15 min. by car) Brewery Arts Centre,
- Kendal (30 minutes by car). Theatre by the Lake, Keswick (45 minutes by car.
- Address:- Close House in the Lakes, Wansfell Road, Ambleside, LA22 0EG
When you make your booking we require a 50% deposit of the rental charge, which will be forfeited if the booking is cancelled within 12 weeks of the arrival date. If outside that period then half of the deposit will be refunded. The final balance is to be settled 8 weeks before arrival or by arrangement. Cancellations within 8 weeks of the arrival date will be subject to 100% non-refundable. We advise you to take out comprehensive travel insurance. A £300 fully refundable damage deposit is required which will be refunded in full subject to no breakages/damages within 14 days of departure.
Part of the portfolio of Close House Properties in Mallorca and the UK.